On Wednesday 27 April we were at 10 Devonshire Place in Harrogate to host a French evening.
Even though there was snow falling outside, inside the candlelit pub had been turned into a corner of France for the evening.
Yves had created a special six course tasting menu with accompanying matched wine pairings selected by fellow Frenchman Patrice from Le Bon Vin. Each delicious course took the diners on a gastronomic tour of France from the Loire to Provence, Bordeaux to Burgundy, to the Languedoc and beyond.
Twenty four guests enjoyed the following menu:
• Appetisers – cherry tomato stuffed with a tuna rillettes, smoked salmon and capers wrap and homemade partridge pate on toast
• Potato and mustard velouté
• Scallop and beetroot tarte fine with honeyed dressing
• Smoked cod loin with a shellfish sauce, carrots and asparagus
• Confit ox cheek with truffled sauce, mushroom and parsnip
• Desert was a Pistacchio crème brulée, Louis XV and milk chocolate and caramel tartlet
The evening was a great success and there are plans for Yves to host another ‘diner aux chandelles’ at 10 Devonshire Place later this year.
To keep up to date with all our latest news follow on twitter @lecheffrancais.