Yves will be teaching budding chefs the art of French gastronomy this Summer with three cooking classes at the York Cookery School.
Yves will demonstrate the techniques required to create a gourmet menu of classical French cuisine that can be recreated by cooks at home. The course will demonstrate how to create your own restaurant quality lunch – and still have plenty to take home to impress friends and family.
Food aficionados will learn how to make dishes such as tomato cannelloni, herb encrusted chicken and Normandy pork. Yves will also teach techniques such as making a chocolate ganache and creating a very typical French sauce (beurre blanc).
– Scallop carpaccio in hazelnut marinade with raw beetroot salad and poached egg
– Chicken breast in herb and breadcrumbs crust with mushroom cream and macaroni gratin
– Dark chocolate and raspberry soufflé
19h June (Father’s Day)
– Fried king prawn with parmesan, avocado, lime and coriander guacamole
– Normandy pork, with cider cream, crispy apple, baby onion and mushroom
– Dark chocolate tartlet
– Tomato cannelloni stuffed with smoked salmon and avocado
– Crispy cod with potato spaghetti, green asparagus with a sauce of beurre blanc
– Milk chocolate, caramel and peanut tart
For more information and to book visit the website www.yorkcookeryschool.com/our_courses.